Peruvian Herbs Forum  

Go Back   Peruvian Herbs Forum > Menopause > Menopause

Menopause Menopause articles discussions, Menopause product recommendations, and Menopause research discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 02:58 AM
Site Admin

Send a message via ICQ to Gyperneinix
Default Will maca interfere with HRT?

I haven't tried maca yet, but after doing some research I am finding out it could also be a great product for women on HRT. Will maca intefere with HRT drugs?
Old 11-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Site Admin

Send a message via ICQ to JedTeattbania

I just started the Maca and am taking bio-identical plant HRT. I started with 3 for stress and energy and have increased to 6. I am now finding that I am having night sweats again. Do I need to increase or decrease the dosage? ops: [/quote]
Old 11-13-2007, 03:33 AM
imported_romino

Default dosage

You can increase the dosage. Some people who take Maca for sex drive claim to have ingested up to 20 tablets per day, and they did not comment about stomach irritation.

Now, please keep in mind that Maca is actually considered a food in Peru, so take it (eat it) sporadically - meaning take some days off if necessary. Take it at different times of the day, different dosages, and with supplements, or coffee or fruit salad if you can use Maca powder.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Site Admin

Send a message via ICQ to Gyperneinix

I actually asked the question because, even-though i was not on HRT I was taking hormones. maca didnt interfere with my hormones effects, because i take them for contraception. I have been on maca for almost 6 months now and i found that it actually helped me with the effects the contraceptive were creating in my body that were: decrease of energy and mood swings. Right now I experience other benefits like very nice and healthy looking skin and daily bowel movement. I am very happy with the product, I would recommend everyone to take it as a treatment, dont expect the results right away, even-though you will probably feel a difference within the first week it is months later that you will see that it has actually done much more for you, at least for those who suffer from severe hormonal unbalance like myself.
Good luck everyone!