Peruvian Herbs Forum

Peruvian Herbs Forum (http://www.peruvian-maca.com/forum/)
-   Maca, Women, and Sex (http://www.peruvian-maca.com/forum/maca-women-sex/)
-   -   Maca for libido (http://www.peruvian-maca.com/forum/maca-women-sex/138-maca-libido.html)

jessicawalls 12-30-2003 01:14 PM

Here at Discovery Health Maca is recommended for lower libido:

http://health.discovery.com/centers/...menopause.html

gjsii 10-29-2005 08:54 AM

this root has helped our relationship it has made us both more responsive to each others sexual needs.

edswife 11-16-2005 06:09 AM

How much Maca would a person take to improve libido, and keep emotional symptoms of perimenapuse under control? I don't have the hot flashes yet just everything else.

foxyfoina 04-02-2006 11:45 AM

Hi, I have just bought my first shipment of Maca 2 x 100g bags as I wasn't sure if I would like it, last week. I have been taking 6-8 teaspoons a day, some in drinks diluted and some sprinkled on my cereals and although I find it smells revolting, I put 2 drops of chocolate flavouring (I use for cooking) into the bottle and it taste delicious!! I am hoping to now order some more Maca but I think cost wise I might try High Strength Extract in capsule form. I can take 1-3 capsules then. I haven't found any difference so far, but its early days. I had a full hysterectomy in mid of Jan and hate taking the HRT i am on, the side effects already are horrible. I am on a very healthy diet, and jogg and do an hours weights and training every day, and still gain weight from HRT, so am hoping MACA will answer all my prayers, and hopefully restore my libido!! I would love to hear from anyone with any advice. thanks. Fiona Pollard

cristina 10-22-2007 03:40 AM

Maca helps by helping your body balancing your hormones. Dosage will depend on the seveity of your symtomps, unfortunatelly each system is unique and it is hard to determine how long will it be till you see them, many expierence symtomps decrease in the first weeks and total loss of symtomps after 2 to 3 months. The best to know if Maca is helping you is by recognising all the effects that hormonal disbances are creating in your system. For isntance, you may want to start Maca because of unconfortable hot flashes, however you start and for 1 week you don't see results. However you may be experiencing changes in your skin and hair, or you may start feeling less tired, and may feel a general sense of well being. This is because maca is balancing your hormones and this are all concequences of hormonal disbalance (stress, skin problems, lack of energy).

Some customers claim it starts helping them as soon as the 2nd or 3rd day, while others start feeling drastic changes after the 2nd-3rd week.

The recommended dosage is 1500 to 4500 mg daily. This will depend on your body frame and weight (the smallest you are the least you need), and the severity of yor symtoms (the most severe the most you need). Do not take less or more than the recommended dosage. However, if this is the first time you are trying Maca, we recommend to start with a smaller dosage of 1000 mg a day, in order to get your system used to the new product. Then, increase it slowly until you reach your desired dosage (most women take an average of 3-5 caps/tabs of 500 mg daily).

10-22-2007 04:49 AM

I was trying to figure out if maca works for women as well and based on responses I see it does. It took about 2 weeks for me to feel the effects and I am loving it. I wonder if it takes the same for women and what kind of effects are there. I read there is an increase in fertility but we are not seeking to have a child. Any feedback will be appretiated.

cristina 10-26-2007 02:23 AM

The lengh to feel the effects will be different in each person. It depends a lot on the severity of your hormonal unbalance but also some bodies are more sensitive to supplements than others. On an average it takes 7-14 days to feel the effects. When it comes to fertility, Maca will not interfere with your contraceptives, it does not contain hormones or drugs.