Peruvian Herbs Forum  

Go Back   Peruvian Herbs Forum > About Peruvian-Maca.com Products > Maca Powder

Maca Powder Here you can find out what other customers are saying about our Maca Powder.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2006, 06:24 AM
Site Admin

I have Maca powder and I am wondering what is the best way to ingest it. Obviously there are better methods then to simply eat a teaspoon full does anyone have any specific preferences? Can I put it into something that I will be cooking and still get the desired effect?

Old 03-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Site Admin

Hello Nicholas,

If you wish to use the power as a flour to cook a cake or some other food you may.

However, you should remember that overcooking might not be good for Maca as any other food that when overcooked diminishes its nutritional properties.

Regards,

Santos
Old 04-01-2006, 04:12 AM
Site Admin

I was told that mixing it with applesauce or yogurt was good too. I've never tried it, but that's what I've heard. So you might want to try that too, unless our experts say it's not a good idea.

Old 04-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Site Admin

Hello again,

Actually that is exactly how I eat my maca dosage. I mix it with cereals, add milk, honey or yougurt and honey. I also eat raw oatmeal with a full spoon of maca powder and mixed with a yougurt of my favorite flavor.

Regards,

Santos Jaimes
Old 04-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Site Admin

Hi, I too put some in a drink, mix it carefully (not always easy) and although it smells very unpleasant tastes fine. I sprinkle some on my cereal with all my fruits on top and a little creme freche and hey presto a scrummy healthy breakfast, with MACA! its brilliant, I just wish there was more advertising of this product for women suffering, why is it so unknown in the UK. Maybe we should start up an advertising campaign for this MARVELLOUS PRAYER to women suffering menopause and like me who have had hysterectomies and are on retchid HRT! THANKYOU for this wonferful product. Fiona P.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:30 AM

I have smelled the Maca from a friends that has been using it for a year. He swears by it. I didn't find the smell too bad, it smells like food. But I didn't get to try it so I do wonder about the taste. My friend tells me is not that bad but I do have sensitivity to food taste ;S. Thank You.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:39 AM
Site Admin

Taste and smell perception will vary from person to person. Some love it, some hate it. We always recommed that if you are interested in taking Maca Powder to spread on foods, you start with the capsules. This way you may open the capsules and taste the powder. It is the same quality of the powder we sell in packs. That way if you like it you may order that the next time, if not, you may stick to the capsules
Old 05-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Site Admin

Send a message via ICQ to Antitlepe
Default AMatter of Taste

I mix Nestle Quik powder with Maca powder and smooth out any lumps in the Maca then add soy milk. I think this makes the Maca more mixable since Quik has anti caking elements. Ovaltine might work well too.
I just can not see taking more pills.
I use a heaping tablespoon of Maca and 2 heaoing spoons of Quik.
The smell and taste is not pleasant to me. But the results are fantastico!