Peruvian Herbs Forum  

Go Back   Peruvian Herbs Forum > Maca for Men > Maca, Men, and Sex

Maca, Men, and Sex Discussions, questions, comments on the use of Maca to improve sex, libido, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2003, 02:33 PM
Site Admin

i wish to know if maca really works to increase libido in men. my husband and i have been married for 8 years now, and we wish to improve our sex life.
any guy that can assert that maca really works to improve sex life?
please no specific details on what it does, only if it works for you.
thank you
Jessica
Old 12-29-2003, 02:48 PM
Site Admin

I didn't notice any increase in sex drive and I assume it depends on the individual.I am taking more than the recommended dosage, but can't notice anything different. I rarely experience the benefits that others espouse(even with viagrea for example) so I assume my body type or system isn't compatible.
Old 12-29-2003, 03:18 PM
Site Admin

My wife and I have been taking Maca for about 3-4 weeks now. We are taking more than recommended. I do feel that it is helping my ejaculate to increase

Our primary purpose for taking Maca is, to increase our over-all health. Being the pure food that it is, certainly your body will benefit from taking it.

donNshelly
Old 10-19-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Men and Maca

My husband have been taking Maca for a year now. He claims he felt a difference the first week of use. We have been very happy with the product, he takes 4-5 capsules daily about 3 times a week, recently I started to feel very stressed and my husband recommended that I try it because he feels it helped him with stress as well. I am now doing some research on maca and stress and found maca does help, PLUS it works as well for sexual libido in women as it does in men! I can't wait to start. I took my first dosage today. Can't wait to feel the effects.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:05 AM
Site Admin

Maca works in your system by balancing your hormones, most of the time lost of sexual libido is a result of a hormonal disbalance. How do you know if you have a hormonal disbalance? The following are issues that alter your hormones: aging, bad food, bad habits (drinking, smoking, drugs), lack of exersice, stress, genetics, and in women: menstruation, pregnacies, or menopause. If you experienced one of the above chances are you have a hormonal disbalance. Maca will help your system regulate its hormones naturally, and as a result your sexual libido should increase (if this was a problem) and other hormonal related problems may abate. If your lack of sexual libido is not due to a hormonal disbalance Maca is not for you. As mentioned by a forum member above, also, each system is unique and not everyone reacts the same to all products.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:21 AM

What is the best dosage for males taking maca to increase libido
Old 10-25-2007, 04:55 AM
Site Admin

For men, 6-9 500 mg. caps are recommended. However this may vary on your weight.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Site Admin

Send a message via ICQ to lirlragdrund

Hello, I've been on Maca for about 8 months now with excellent results, I was on an accident about a year ago and the medicines I had to use for pain were too strong, I experienced a fast decline of energy and started to get severe mood changes, to make things worse the prescriptions also declined my sexual libido. I started to read online about natural alternatives and found maca. I took 6 capsules of 500 gr. daily and felt a difference very quick, I am trying to find anyone that has been on maca for a while, I don't know if it is ok to take it for long periods of time, I have felt great for a long time now but I don't if I should stop or just reduce my dosage, I would hate for the symptoms to come back. Anyone there with a similar experience.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:22 AM

hello, i wanted to know if there is a risk of erectile problems when having obesity? Does the weight iincreases the risk of erectile dysfunction?